The PN3-Tool (former PN3-Editor) is a Petri Net Tool for the
Specification of Communication Protocols.
MS Windows 3.x/95/98/NT
Institute for Automation & Control Processes,
Far East Branch of the Russian Academy
of Sciences, Vladivostok, Russia
Nikolay Anisimov, Alexey Kovalenko, Pavel Postupalski,
Dr. Nikolay Anisimov, E-Mail:
- Kind of Nets supported:
- Black and white Petri Nets,
Petri Net Entity
- BASIC PETRI NET EDITOR: multi-window editor with all necessary features
to draw/edit and simulate nets and their hierarchical structures
- ALGEBRAIC EDITOR: construction of complex nets using net operations:
atomic net (the net with one transition and two places, head and tail),
pre- and post-fix compositions (special cases of the sequential composition),
parallel composition (pure and with synchronization),
- ARCHITECTURE LEVEL: This level is intended for designing complex systems
at a higher level of compositionality and describes general structures of
systems, which can be detailed in net levels.
- ANALYSIS: This system allows to analyse Petri nets for deadlocks and boundness
Can be downloaded [exe, 2 325KB] [zip, 954KB]
for FREE! (as it is).
Zip file contains the program fime (Sds_vc.exe) and several examples (.pnt files):
- deadlock.PNT - Example demonstrating a system with a deadlock
- philosph.PNT - Dining fhilosopher model
- Railroad.PNT - Railroad model
- ex1.PNT - example of the net built by Algebraic Editor
- Anisimov N.A., Kovalenko A.A., Postupalsky P.A
PN3-Editor: Compositional Petri Net Editor for Protocol Specification.
In: Proc. of the 3rd IEEE International Workshop on Modeling,
Analysis, and Simulation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems (MASCOTS'95),
pp.325-328, IEEE Computer Society Press (Durham, NC, USA, January 18--20, 1995)
[ abstract |
Anisimov N.A, Kovalenko A.A., Postupalski P.A., Vuong S.T.
Application of Compositional Petri Nets and PN3-Tool to the Specification of
Distributed Multimedia Objects.
In: Advances in Distributed Multimedia Systems.
Eds. S.K.Chang et al., 1999, World Scientific (Singapore), pp.99-116.
| PDF ]
Anisimov N.A., Golenkov E.A., Kharitonov D.P.
Compositional Petri Net Approach to the
Development of Concurrent and Distributed Systems,
Programming and Computer Software, 2001, Vol.27, No.6, pp.309-319.
ISSN: 0361-7688. [ abstract |
The Project has been completed in 1997